Virgile PDF

Après quelques autres apparitions dans quelques téléfilms, il tombe malade. Atteint d’une virgile PDF, il doit arrêter les tournages. Endetté, il s’exile alors au Japon. Virgile Bayle devient papa le 20 août 1997.


Oscillant entre essai, récit et rêve, Giono glisse doucement de la campagne lombarde de l’Antiquité qui a vu naître Virgile à l’évocation de sa terre natale, Manosque, et mêle ainsi sa vie à celle du poète latin, jusqu’à la confusion.
« Un Virgile subjectif au point qu’il ne parle que de moi et qu’on ne voit Virgile qu’à travers mes artères et mes veines, comme on apercevrait un oiseau dans les branches d’un hêtre » (Jean Giono, lettre du 5 mai 1947 à l’éditeur Fournier).
Ce texte a paru pour la première fois en 1947 dans la collection « Les pages immortelles » chez Corrêa/Buchet-Chastel.

Rechercher les pages comportant ce texte. La dernière modification de cette page a été faite le 9 décembre 2018 à 23:24. This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. The castle’s history started in the Middle Ages when a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Pena was built on the top of the hill above Sintra. According to tradition, construction occurred after an apparition of the Virgin Mary.

In 1493, King John II, accompanied by his wife Queen Leonor, made a pilgrimage to the site to fulfill a vow. In the 18th century the monastery was severely damaged by lightning. However, it was the Great Lisbon Earthquake of 1755, occurring shortly afterwards, that took the heaviest toll on the monastery, reducing it to ruins. For many decades the ruins remained untouched, but they still astonished young prince Ferdinand. In 1838, as King consort Ferdinand II, he decided to acquire the old monastery, all of the surrounding lands, the nearby Castle of the Moors and a few other estates in the area.

After the death of Ferdinand the palace passed into the possession of his second wife Elisa Hensler, Countess of Edla. The latter then sold the palace to King Luís, who wanted to retrieve it for the royal family, and thereafter the palace was frequently used by the family. The palace quickly drew visitors and became one of Portugal’s most visited monuments. Over time the colors of the red and yellow façades faded, and for many years the palace was visually identified as being entirely gray. By the end of the 20th century the palace was repainted and the original colors restored.

This entry was posted in Fantasy et Terreur. Bookmark the permalink.